ANNOUNCEMENT: Reduced Air Conditioning Service in Some Areas of Campus
July 13, 2010
Columbia's central steam plant is currently experiencing some equipment issues with its steam driven chillers, which are used to cool our buildings. As a result, some areas of campus are experiencing reduced air conditioning service. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard on fixing this issue.
As always, you can help Columbia conserve by following these easy steps:
- Turn off air conditioners when a room is unoccupied
- Set air conditioner fan speeds to the lowest setting possible and keep thermostats as high as possible for energy conservation
- Keep exterior doors, windows, shades and blinds closed
- Turn lights, appliances and electronics off when not needed
- Contact the Facilities Services Center at x4-2222 with any issues or concerns. We are here to help.
Keeping the University community safe and comfortable is a top priority for us and we are committed to providing the reliable service you expect and deserve.