Awards & Recognition
- Joe Ienuso Honored as an Outstanding Industry Leader by BTEA
- Campbell Sports Center Honored as 2013 Outstanding Project by The Greater New York Construction User Council
The Campbell Sports Center, the new cornerstone of the revitalized Baker Athletics Complex, has been recognized as a 2013 Outstanding Project: Athletic Facility by the Greater New York Construction User Council (GNYCUC). The award was presented on June 11, 2013 at the GNYCUC 2013 Chairman's Reception.
The Campbell Sports Center offers student-athletes and coaches what they need to achieve excellence: a state-of-the-art facility featuring a theatre-style meeting room, conference rooms, a strength-and-conditioning center, a student-athlete lounge and study center, a hospitality pavilion, and coaches' offices. The Campbell Sports Center fosters Columbia spirit and transforms the student-athlete experience by creating an attractive year-round hub for student-athletes, coaches, staff, and administrators.
- Joe Ienuso Receives Subcontractors Trade Association Silver Shovel Award
Facilities EVP Joe Ienuso was the recipient of the Subcontractors Trade Association (STA) 2013 Silver Shovel Award for his accomplishments as an industry leader. The award was presented at the STA's 44th Annual Construction Awards Dinner on May 4, 2013. The STA is New York's leading association of union subcontractors.
- Joe Ienuso Presented with ORT Community Achievement AwardORT Engineering and Construction Industry Chapter Community Achievement Award "in recognition of his professional accomplishments, dedication to the community, commitment to philanthropy and support for ORT's students." ORT is the largest Jewish education non-profit in the world and provides state-of-the-art technology education with a focus on the sciences and mathematics. The award was presented by Herb Kaplan, Senior Director of Development at ORT America and Ralph Esposito, executive vice president at Lend Lease. The award was originally to be presented at the ORT annual tribute luncheon, scheduled for November 2nd; however the event was canceled due to Hurricane Sandy. Instead of rescheduling, the Chapter's Executive Committee donated $20,000 to the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City in support of Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
- Nelson Falcon Honored by the New York Association of Realty Managers
- Columbia Receives Gold from SustainabilityTracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS)
Columbia's most comprehensive sustainability inventory, a six-month effort involving all five campuses, has merited a gold rating from STARS, a well-known and respected Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System specifically for institutions of higher education in the United States and Canada.
Of the 236 colleges and universities that have earned a STARS rating, only 43 - or 18.2 percent - have achieved gold. Columbia submitted its 376-page report last November and received the gold rating in December.
- Professional Women in Construction Honors Fanny Gong
On Friday, December 14th, Fanny Gong (middle), Assistant Vice President of Design Management at Manhattanville Development was honored at the Professional Women in Construction annual Holiday Black Tie Dinner Dance Gala for her achievements and contributions to the design and construction industry. Congratulations Fanny!
- New York Women’s Chamber of Commerce Honors Tanya Pope
Tanya Pope, Facilities Executive Director of Construction Business Services, was recognized as a 2012 Woman of Excellence on September 20th at the New Work Women's Chamber of Commerce (NYWCC) Annual Awards at Bridgewaters in lower Manhattan. Tanya's efforts to provide "capacity building and strategic support to minority, women and locally-owned contractors and manage the University's Construction Mentorship Program" were cited among her many accomplishments.
Read the full article here
- NYC Deputy Mayor Awards La-Verna Fountain Minority Enterprise Award: 7/12/2012
Deputy Mayor Robert K. Steel and Small Business Services Commissioner Robert Walsh presented La-Verna Fountain, Columbia's vice president for Construction Business Services and Communications, with the Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise Advocate of the Year Award for Upper Manhattan. It was presented at the 2012 New York City Neighborhood Achievement Awards, held at Gracie Mansion on July 10th.
Read the full article here
- Columbia's Manhattanville Campus Earns LEED Platinum for Neighborhood Plan - May 24, 2012
Click here for more information.