Crime Prevention News May 2009 & New Safe Havens Added
Please see Public Safety's latest issue of Crime Prevention News May 2009. This month's news letter covers:
- Social Network Sites- Be Safe & Be Aware
- Avoiding College Loan Scams
- Street Smarts Using Electronics
- Theft of Unattended Property # 1 Reported Incident on College campuses.
- Congratulations to the Class of 2009!
Big Public Safety Welcome to New Safe Havens added to the Morningside and Manattanville Communities:
- Haakons Hall Restaurant & Pub, Amsterdam Ave & West 118 Street http://www.haakonshallnyc.com/
- Duane Reade, Broadway & West 125 Street http://www.duanereade.com/
- Patrick Ryan's Bar & Grill, Broadway & LaSalle
Look for the Public Safety Red Lion decal in over 130 stores in the Morningside, Manhattanville and Medical Center communities where Students, Staff, Faculty and members of the Columbia community can go to in the event they need help (Police / CU Public Safety)
To view a complete list of CU Public Safety Safe Havens please see attached SAFE HAVEN PDF.
Thank you for your continued help. Have a Great Weekend!
Manager Crime Prevention Programs
Department of Public Safety