Holiday Safety Tips
**HOLIDAY SAFETY TIPS**
*Don't Leave Your Property/Purchases Unattended
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings. Secure bags and valuables before exiting or entering parked vehicles and public transit facilities.
- Avoid leaving valuables in your car. Whenever possible, place items out of sight prior to arriving at your destination. (GPS, Electronic Accessories ect.)
- Travel on populated, well-lit streets. Plan your trip in advance.
- Avoid cell phone usage while walking, this is a prime time for a thief to grab your phone and run. IPODS are an attractive item for thieves to steal as well. Keep them close to you.
- Carry only the cash and credit cards you will be using on your shopping trip. Divide the cash between your purse, pockets and wallet. Keep a record of account numbers for each card.
- Carry your purse close to your body. Never wrap the strap around your body. A wallet should be carried in front pants pocket or breast pocket of your jacket.
- While dining or shopping don't leave your handbag over the back of a chair or stroller.
- Don't wait until you have reached your front door to look for your keys. Have them ready in your hand.
PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!
In Case of Emergency Dial 911
NEW YORK CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
COMMUNITY AFFAIRS BUREAU
CRIME PREVENTION SECTION