June 28, 2012 - Clean + Go Green Summer 2012: July 11-13, 2012
Columbia University Facilities and our partners across campus want to help. As part of our award-winning "Clean + Go Green" program, we will make large bins available across campus, at no cost to you, for the recycling, reuse or proper disposal of large unwanted items. Best of all, Facilities will separate and recycle your items. That way, when you clean, you "go green."
* Wednesday, July 11, Thursday, July 12 and Friday, July 13, 2012
* Drop-off hours at all locations are between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only. During this time, Facilities staff will be on hand to help with unloading and recycling.
* Reuse/Donation Drop-off Location: White tent on College Walk
* Recycling Drop-off Locations: Fairchild Courtyard; Walkway between Lerner Hall and Butler Hall.
* Paper Shredding Location: Between Low Library and Kent Hall
Items you can bring to a Clean + Go Green drop-off location include:
* Textiles & Linens
* Non-perishable Food
* Small Household Items
* Computer Monitors, Keyboards and CPUs (please clean your hard drive)
* Electronic Equipment
* Books/Used Books
* Desk Lamps
* Toner Cartridges
* Paint Cans
NEED HELP MOVING YOUR STUFF?
For a fee, movers will come directly to your office to collect and recycle your unwanted items. Contact the Columbia University Facilities Services Center at x4-2222 by end of business on Friday, July 6 and mention "Clean + Go Green" to request service.
DONATE YOUR USED BOOKS!
Don't throw your used books away-donate them instead! Bring your used books to the tent at College Walk, and we will find them a new, happy home.
THIS YEAR AGAIN - FREE SHREDDING!
Bring items to be shredded to College Walk only. A Code Shred truck will be available for all of your shredding needs from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. or until the shredder truck becomes full, whichever comes first.
FIND SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR COLUMBIA'S ARCHIVES?
Help preserve the institutional memory of the University. Contact Columbia University Archives at x4-3786 before disposing of any historical information relevant to the history of the University. You can help ensure that this year's "Clean + Go Green" program is a success-please spread the word! Should you have any questions about this event or need other facilities-related information, please contact the Facilities Services Center at x4-2222. We look forward to seeing you at Clean + Go Green!