Past Construction Projects

Faculty House

Faculty House - Renovated Exterior.JPG

ABOUT THIS PROJECT:
Since 1923, this red brick and limestone building has served as a gathering place for social and intellectual interaction among University faculty. In recent years, Faculty House has opened its doors to serve the various needs of university administrators, alumni, graduate students and members of the community.

DESIGN FEATURES & SUSTAINABLE ELEMENTS:

  • The building now includes new system upgrades, complete internal modernization and a new addition to the buidling's 4th floor. 
  • A new entryway system replaces the former gateway entrance adjacent to Faculty House on Morningside Drive. 
  • Energy efficient lighting, energy efficient windows, and finishes that promote quality indoor air quality, and the recycling of construction debris 
  • Registration under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System

ARCHITECTS:

  • McKim, Mead & White (original)
  • Bogdanow Partners

CONSTRUCTION MANAGER: Sciame Construction Company

PROGRAM: Serves diverse needs of the University community, including Faculty Dining Room and University functions

LOCATION: 64 Morningside Drive at 116th Street, adjacent to Wien Hall and the President's House

SQUARE FOOTAGE: 38,000 gross square feet

STORIES: 6

START DATE: summer 2009

COMPLETION DATE: fall 2009