Housing Portal 

Columbia Residential Student Billing


Beginning with the 2017-2018 academic year, all students who have accepted an offer for housing will be billed via SFS.

Returning students originally issued monthly leases through the Controller's Office have the option of continuing to be billed through the Controller's Office for the remainder of their tenancy in their current unit, or to switch to a housing agreement billed through SFS.  

The default billing method for housing is per-semester. The semester rental charge will typically appear on the first billing statement for that term, and payment for the full semester is due during the first billing cycle. Rent is pro-rated based on the move-in date.


  • Several payment options, including online check, wire transfer, in-person and monthly payment plans (housing-only or all charges). 
  • A $1,000 pre-payment credited against the first semester's bill instead of a full month's rent as a security deposit.
  • Ability to manage all University financial obligations in an accessible online account.


Nelnet and SFS now offer a payment plan for housing charges only. By signing up for the housing payment plan, students will be able to split their semester housing charge only into monthly payments.

  • Fall Housing Plan: August - December
  • Spring Housing Plan: January - May
  • Summer Housing Plan: June - July

Each semester plan requires a $25 enrollment fee, paid directly to Nelnet upon sign-up. 

Payment Dates:

  • 10th of each month: 1st payment attempt | automatic debit
  • 20th of each month: 2nd payment attempt | if first attempt is unsuccessful 

Signing Up:

  • Log into SSOL and View Your E-Bill
  • Click Payment Plan
  • Under Available Payment Plans, choose the Housing Payment Plan:

Important Information:
  • Signing up for the plan may happen only after housing charges have already posted to your student account.
  • The plan will terminate if the setup fee and initial payment attempt fails due to insufficient funds.
  • The plan will terminate after a second payment attempt fails due to insufficient funds.  



Students who moved into leased units (prior to 2017) are billed through the Office of the Controller. Residents billed by the Office of the Controller must pay by check, and they should contact the Office of the Controller directly with questions about their bills or payments.

If you have questions, please contact us.